Mom shouldn't read this...

So on my way to work the other morning, I met something on the stairs going out of the apartment. It crawled down a couple steps and I thought it might be a baby bat because it was as big as my palm. I get closer and see it is a freaking, huge spider! Its legspan was slightly bigger than my palm and it's abdomen was as big as a ping pong ball! It was brown with long, slender legs and ran faster than I could see. It was terrifying! The spider was obviously afraid of me because as soon as it sensed me coming it ran down the steps, but I was still as afraid of it as it was of me. The steps aren't exactly super wide- it could easily run and bite me faster than I could run down the stairs. So I just took a deep breath and ran down without looking where the spider went. Every time I go up or down the stairs now I look out for that spider... ick!

Despite all that, I'm really curious what kind it was.

And PS- My English is regressing, having to talk to second-language learners all day everyday. I have to simplify it so much- even speaking with adults. I feel like my blog is going to sound progressively more childish - so bear with me.

Comments

  1. Somehow, I have no problem imagining you shrieking about a spider. Too bad you didn't get a picture! Though to be honest, after seeing a spider that big, I probably would have preferred finding the nearest sledge hammer instead of the nearest camera... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

月下老人, the Taiwanese god of romance

Hess Banquet, Training, Lindy Hop, and Medical Check!

Week 1: What did I get myself into?