In Indonesia (Feb 2013) (Bali Part 2)


So after spending a whole day in Ubud, we had to go to the beach! So day two was spent in Kuta where our hotel was. Unfortunately, not much time on the beach. We ran all over town looking for swimsuit shops. I thought they would have some cool and cheap designs. Lonely Planet recommended Carrefour... Liars!!!! They had only children's swimsuits. Bought some souvenirs though. Then went to a shopping mall near the hotel.. TOO EXPENSIVE. Finally, we went to a street market nearby and got one.



But I'm getting ahead of myself. We had brunch first in the hotel where I got to meet an Italian chef! I spoke some Italian to him and I guess I charmed him because he gave me his number and said I could contact him to practice. Cool! Totally not gonna call though.

Then came the wild goose chase for a swimsuit.

And finally, the beach!

We took the red-eye to Hong Kong that night. Bali, hope to see you again soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

月下老人, the Taiwanese god of romance

Hess Banquet, Training, Lindy Hop, and Medical Check!

Week 1: What did I get myself into?