Applying for Jobs

Hello everyone,

I just officially applied to two schools in Taiwan: Hess Educational Organization, and Kojen. They both look good- 20-40 hours a week, working with adults and mostly children, the curriculum and materials are provided (which is both good and bad*). Hess has a free TEFL certification program and Chinese classes. They both give you health insurance and work permits.

So here's hoping! :) I really want to get a job before I get there.





*When the curriculum is provided you're not going to have much freedom. You have to teach what they want you to teach and go through so much of it each day. However, it could be really good if it's your first time teaching English (like me). I would learn a lot from their ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

月下老人, the Taiwanese god of romance

Hess Banquet, Training, Lindy Hop, and Medical Check!

Pottery-making in Ying Ge