Weekend at the Zoo

Hello!

This Saturday and Sunday Albert and I went to the Taipei Zoo. It was fantastic! It's not as big as the ones in San Diego but it's still impressive. We saw Tuan Tuan and Yuen Yuen the two pandas. Their names are kind of controversial because of the relationship between China and Taiwan. China wants Taiwan to become a part of their country and they named the pandas "Reunion" as a message. We saw animals native to Taiwan: sika, waterbuffalo, and quite a few others. I'm going to post pictures sometime this week or over the weekend. We had to go two days in a row because we went a little later in the day and daylight ran out on us. We still didn't get to see everything and I really want to check out the dinosaur museum. Maybe next weekend...?

PS- I touched a huge tortoise's shell while he was sniffing Albert's waterbottle.

Whew I'm tired out. Hopefully this will be an easier week than usual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

月下老人, the Taiwanese god of romance

Hess Banquet, Training, Lindy Hop, and Medical Check!

Week 1: What did I get myself into?