The Weekly Burn-out

I wanted to give another (short) update because I know people in general (my mom included) are worried about what's happening in Japan and how it might affect things in Taiwan. As of right now I am very safe and plan to continue working here. I'm not an expert in where the radiation will go- (I kinda don't have much time now that I'm a part-time student), but I do know that it will be very unlikely to come here...and if it does it won't be dangerous. It's really horrible what Japan is going through right now and I can't bear to watch the news, but I'm going to do whatever I can to help from afar. (We might do a bake sale at our school)

On a lighter note, we've moved! Nothing is unpacked and it's a mess right now, but I really like the new place and I can't wait to make some paintings and decorate it. We got a Wii!!!!! So if I can figure out how to game online, maybe you can battle me (ahem, Jeff ;) ). I got Glee Karaoke, MarioKart, the original Mario games, and Super Smash Bros. :)

Once I get my scanner up I'll show you my Chinese homework/tests!!! :) I'm so excited at the progress I've made. The first worksheet we did in class I could only write in pinyin (English alphabet) and no characters. In the last worksheet we did I was able to write the answers in all Chinese characters.... no pinyin at alll!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!

So I will post pictures and things later when we get more settled. Just want to let my family know I'm okay and will be fine. If Taiwan does become a dangerous placed to live I will be on the first flight out of here, don't worry!!!!

Love,
Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

月下老人, the Taiwanese god of romance

Hess Banquet, Training, Lindy Hop, and Medical Check!

Week 1: What did I get myself into?