Golden Hippo Awards

This past weekend I got my first teacher's award!!!!!!! Hess (the company I work for) gives awards every year for best children's performances and for good teachers, etc. I got an "Excellent Teacher Award." It's such a big company that I couldn't believe I got picked to get one!

I tried to play it cool...

But this is how I really felt! Yay!
 I can't believe how far I've come since I arrived in Taiwan. I was so intimitated about being a teacher and I had no idea how to take charge in the classroom. But now I love my job so much! It's gotten a lot easier, obviously, and being around my students keeps me super happy. I had no idea when I moved across the world to try a completely new job that it would become so easy and comfortable. To think back to two years ago, it didn't even cross my mind that I could get an award for what I do!

Anyways, I'm super proud of myself and things can only get better from here! ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

月下老人, the Taiwanese god of romance

Hess Banquet, Training, Lindy Hop, and Medical Check!

Week 1: What did I get myself into?